Become a Training Worksite
About the Program
- Become a worksite for trainees looking for real-world work experience.
- NWC pays all wages, L&I and payroll taxes for the trainee for short term work experience (usually 6 months).
- Trainees can be used by companies as a development program for potential future employees.
- This program is available to any company in NWC’s region (Whatcom, Skagit, Island and San Juan counties).
Steps to Becoming a Training Worksite
- Review the Become a Training Worksite Manual.
- Review and sign a new Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between NWC and your organization.
- Complete a current Job Description Template for the training positions you would like to provide.
- Provide NWC a copy of guidance your organization provides employees and trainees for COVID-19 Worksite Safety. Your plan must comply with general requirements defined by the Department of Labor and Industries.
- Return these forms to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within three business days.
- Signed MOU
- Current Job Description(s) for your training positions
- COVID-19 Worksite Safety Plan
We look forward to working with you!