Steps to Train and Upskill your Current Employees
Meet with NWC to Create a Contract
- Once your proposal is tentatively approved, an NWC staff member will work with you to create a contract, a budget, and a training plan. Once these elements are mutually agreed upon, a contract will be presented to you for your signature.
- An NWC Coordinator will be assigned to your Incumbent Worker project. The coordinator will work together with you and the workers you have identified to take part in the program to complete a simple Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) application. See the Incumbent Worker Participant Checklist for guidance. Your coordinator can answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding an individual’s eligibility in the WIOA program.
- After training starts, complete and submit a mid-term training progress report and a final assessment of acquired or enhanced skills and certification.
- Keep documentation of all eligible expenses for reimbursement or to document match. Submit these expenses and documentation to NWC periodically for timely payment, usually within 2 weeks.
- Once training is complete, send certificate of completion for each employee to your coordinator.
We look forward to working with you!